Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2016

French Toast




This time last year I posted a recipe for Cinnamon French Toast Sticks and since then I have found a similar recipe that I like better because you don't cut the bread into sticks.  Growing up, I never liked french toast.  My mom never made it and my only memory of tasting it was at breakfast buffets, which we all know focus more on the quantity rather than the quality.  The idea of french toast always seemed good to me, and last year when I made some at home we all loved them!  I have to double the original recipe to feed my bunch. So glad I found this recipe for a tasty morning treat!


Ingredients:
8 eggs
1 1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1/2 sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
16 slices of Texas style (thick) bread

Directions:
1.  Preheat griddle to 350 degrees and grease well with butter.
2.  Mix all ingredients, except for bread, and whisk well.
3.  Dip bread in mixture, coating on both sides.
4.  Place coated bread on hot griddle and cook for a few minutes on each side.
5.  Serve warm, sprinkled with powered sugar and syrup.


No comments:

Post a Comment