Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Cinnamon French Toast Sticks



Okay, so I'm obviously not a professional photographer or food blogger.  But the picture above gives you an idea of what we ate for breakfast and it tasted a lot better than it looks.  My kids really like the cinnamon french toast sticks you can buy frozen at Sam's, so I tried to make a homemade version and they were delicious.  I usually don't like french toast, but this recipe is very tasty!




Ingredients:
8 slices thick-cut Texas toast
4 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
syrup

Directions:
1.  Cut each slice of bread into four sticks.
2.  In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla.
3.  Melt 1 Tbsp butter in saute pan over medium heat.
4.  Dip each piece of bread in egg mixture, turning to coat on all sides.
5.  Place coated sticks in a single layer in saute pan and cook each side until golden brown.
-In order to not crowd pan, I cooked 3 sets of sticks adding 1 Tbsp of butter to pan before cooking each set.


Livi took a picture of me in action. :)




This recipe was taken from Just A Taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment