Growing up, my Aunt Cheryl always brought M and M cookies to our family Christmas gathering. I found this recipe on Pinterest and have to give credit to Cooking Classy.
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks, salted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla
11 oz bag red and green M and M's
1. Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix both sugars and butter with a blender for 3-4 minutes.
3. Mix in egg and egg yolk. Stir in vanilla.
4. Mix in dry mixture slowly.
5. Mix in M and M's just until combined.
6. Transfer 2 Tbsp scoops of dough to parchment lined baking sheet. I use a melon baller for this.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
|I use a melon baller for this.|
|You can refrigerate dough for 3-5 days.|