Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya



In an effort to eat healthier and lose weight I have come across some new recipes lately that my family really enjoys.  I've made this about three times now and every time I'v made it my husband says it is one of his favorite recipes.  It is from He and She Eat Clean, which I have found to be a helpful resource.  The first two times I made this recipe the rice was still hard and I had to transfer the soup from the crockpot to a pot on the stove to boil it longer.  That's annoying!  Nobody wants to wash extra dishes, or find out that dinner is not ready at dinnertime!  The last time I made it, I remembered to cook the rice before adding it to the crockpot, but the shrimp wasn't cooked and the transfer had to happen again.  Next time I make it I plan to just cook it all on the stovetop.

Ingredients:
3 large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
2 cups diced celery
2 cups diced yellow onion
2 cups diced tomatoes
2 cups chicken broth
6 oz can tomato paste
2 cloves minced garlic
3 Tbsp cajun seasoning
1 tsp salt
1 lb shrimp
2 cups rice

Directions:
1.  Combine first ten ingredients in a large pot on stovetop.
2.  Boil 10 min and then add rice.
3.  Lower heat to simmer and cook covered for 15 min.
4.  Add shrimp, cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until shrimp is fully cooked.



No comments:

Post a Comment