Okay, so I'm obviously not a professional photographer or food blogger. But the picture above gives you an idea of what we ate for breakfast and it tasted a lot better than it looks. My kids really like the cinnamon french toast sticks you can buy frozen at Sam's, so I tried to make a homemade version and they were delicious. I usually don't like french toast, but this recipe is very tasty!
8 slices thick-cut Texas toast
4 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1. Cut each slice of bread into four sticks.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla.
3. Melt 1 Tbsp butter in saute pan over medium heat.
4. Dip each piece of bread in egg mixture, turning to coat on all sides.
5. Place coated sticks in a single layer in saute pan and cook each side until golden brown.
-In order to not crowd pan, I cooked 3 sets of sticks adding 1 Tbsp of butter to pan before cooking each set.
|Livi took a picture of me in action. :)|
This recipe was taken from Just A Taste.