Wednesday, December 19, 2012
This is a great meal to make for company or to make in the morning so that it's ready to pop in the oven for dinner. The recipe came from Saving Money Living Life, and has been a favorite in our home since I cooked it for the first time Valentine's Day 2012.
8 oz uncooked rigatoni
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 cup onions, chopped
1 (12 oz) pack frozen spinach, thawed and dried
3 cups cubed, cooked chicken
1 (14 oz) can Italian style diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (8 oz) chive and onion cream cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Prepare rigatoni according to package directions.
2. Saute onions in oil on stovetop until tender.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4. Stir onions, spinach, chicken, tomatoes, cream cheese, salt and pepper in bowl until mixed. Stir in rigatoni.
5. Spoon mixture into greased 9 x 13 baking dish and sprinkle cheese on top.
6. Bake covered for 30 minutes and uncovered for 5-10 more minutes.