For a yummy, quick dinner, shrimp and grits does not disappoint! I have tried several variations of this dish and this one is my favorite. The hot sauce is saved for just my hubby to add to his plate, since the rest of us don't like the spicy version. I add extra spinach because it shrivels as it cooks and spinach is healthy.
1 cup uncooked instant grits
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup green onions
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1. Prepare grits according to directions on package.
2. Whisk in parmesan cheese and 1/2 tsp pepper. Keep warm.
3. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/4 tsp pepper and 1/8 tsp salt and cook in large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat until pink. Remove and keep warm.
4. Pour oil in skillet over medium heat. Stir in flour, cook for one minute.
5. Stir in chicken broth, green onions, garlic, lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp salt. Cook stirring for 3 minutes.
6. Stir in shrimp and spinach. Cook for one minute or until spinach is wilted.
7. Serve immediately over grits. Add hot sauce if desired.