Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Soul Nourishment #4

"Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." -Psalm 143:8


"When the soul will have understanding to discern all the Savior's gifts, wisdom wherewith to estimate them, and time in which to meditate on them, such as the world to come will afford us, we will then commune with Jesus in a nearer manner than at present." - Charles Spurgeon

Doug Wilson interviews Mark Driscoll: Men and Masculinity (25 min)
"Massive cultural need = Masculine men"


"The greatest thing a wife can do for her children is love and respect her husband."

"She does him good." -Proverbs 31:12a

"The unkindest treatment of a child is to give him everything that he asks for." -H. Clay Trumbull

What Every Husband Should Know About Stay-At-Home Moms


"Apart from the gospel, I’ll whine more than I’ll worship. Apart from the gospel, I’ll judge people more than I’ll seek to understand them. Apart from the gospel, I’ll get my feelings hurt too easily, and I won’t consider serving others a privilege and joy. Apart from the gospel, I’ll waste this day, rather than steward it.  Apart from the gospel, I’ll react selfishly to irritants rather than responding graciously. Apart from the gospel, I’ll talk more than I listen. Apart from the gospel, I’ll think about me much more than I think about you. Apart from the gospel, I won’t risk anything; I’ll do just enough to get by." -Scotty Smith 


Soul Nourishment #3
Soul Nourishment #2
Soul Nourishment #1

No comments:

Post a Comment