Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Beef Enchiladas


Just before getting married, my friends threw me a Pampered Chef shower.  Before the shower they sent out recipe cards to be filled out and all the guests brought their favorite recipes to be put in a box they made for me.  I'm so thankful for sweet friends as I often enjoy several of these recipes.  This particular one was given to me by my now sister-in-law, Emily.  She calls it Weeknight Enchiladas.  


Ingredients:
1 lb ground chuck
1 small onion chopped (I use 1 cup frozen, chopped onions)
1 can tomato soup
1 can mild enchilada sauce
8 (7 or 8 in) flour tortillas
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream, sliced olives, and jalapeno peppers (optional) for topping


Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium high heat until meat is browned.  Drain and return to skillet.
3.  Stir soup and enchilada sauce into meat mixture.
4.  Spread 1/4 cup meat mixture onto each tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and roll up.
5.  Place seam side down in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
6.  Pour remaining meat mixture over tortillas.  Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
7.  Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake for 5 more minutes.
8.  Serve with toppings.


No comments:

Post a Comment