Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Potato Salad


This was always my dad's favorite side dish growing up.  Early on in my married life when I asked my mom for the recipe it was one of those she didn't have a recipe for.  She just threw some things together.  So, that is what I also do today.  Not normally how I like to cook (my personality thrives on exact directions) but I have never taken the time to write down exact measurements.  I use whatever kind of potatoes I have on hand and decide how many based on how many people I will be feeding.


Ingredients:
potatoes
eggs
salt and pepper
mayonnaise
pickle relish


Directions:
1.  Peel and cut potatoes and cook them on stovetop until tender.
2.  Cook eggs in boilng water on stovetop and set aside to cool.
3.  Drain potatoes and place in mixing bowl.
4.  Peel and chop boiled eggs and place in mixing bowl with potatoes.
5.  Add mayonnaise, pickle relish, and salt and pepper to taste and stir all ingredients together.


*I like this recipe fresh and warm, but my husband prefers it after it's been refrigerated.  



No comments:

Post a Comment