Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pecan Pie

Being a keeper of my home involves spending much time meal planning, grocery shopping, cooking, and feeding my family.  I've been wanting to compile a digital notebook with all of my tried and true recipes for a while, and I thought this would be a good way to do so and share recipes with others.  Since joining pinterest last summer, many of my newest recipes have come from blogs.  I am appreciative of others taking the time to share their recipes, so I thought I would join the fun.  I'll also be listing several recipes from family, friends, and cookbooks.

My husband's 29th birthday is today and he requested a pecan pie for his birthday cake.  This recipe comes from his Mamaw (Joyce Dodds) who got it from her mother (Mary Nesler).  It is a very quick and easy family favorite, and no holiday is complete without it.


                                  

Ingredients:
3 eggs beaten
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup corn syrup (1/2 cup white and 1/2 cup dark)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cups pecan halves
1 pie crust

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Place pie crust in bottom and edges of pie plate 
3.  Place pecans on top of pie crust.
4.  Beat eggs in bowl. 
5.  Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.  Pour into uncooked pie crust (over pecan, they will rise) and do not pick crust.
6.  Bake 45 minutes.  Let it set for about 10 minutes after removing from oven.

This was the birthday boy's piece today - before he added a few scoops of BlueBell homemade vanilla ice cream.




1 comment:

  1. I've tasted this pecan pie recipe myself and it's wonderful. Possibly the best I've ever eaten. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete