Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Chocolate Chip Waffles



Although I'm a huge fan of the "Mama's Pancake Breakfast" at Cracker Barrel, I've always preferred waffles over pancakes.  Last Christmas, my parents gave me my very own waffle iron, so now I have the privilege of enjoying them often.  I found this recipe for classic waffles at allrecipes, and now it has become a Saturday morning favorite.  I always sprinkle a few chocolate chips over the batter after pouring it on the iron, but you could add blueberries instead, and/or top with strawberries.


Ingredients:
2 cups, unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups warm milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
chocolate chips (as much as desired)


Directions:
1.  Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
2.  Preheat waffle iron
3.  In separate bowl, beat the eggs.  Stir in the milk, butter, and vanilla.  Pour this mixture into flour mixture and beat until blended.
4.  Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray before adding batter.  Repeat this step before making each waffle.
5.  Pour the batter into preheated waffle iron and sprinkle a few chocolate chips over the batter.  Cook until golden.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment