Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Heath Bar Delight

 

   Yes, I will take full credit for naming this dessert.  It's original name was "Death By Chocolate," but who likes the name "death by" anything?  It has layers, chopped up Heath Bars, and it is really good, so I think it's the perfect new name.  I make this dessert when I need to serve a large group, and everyone always comes back for seconds!  It keeps well for a few days in the refrigerator also.  It's something I can whip up pretty quickly, store in the fridge, and pull out when it's time for dessert.  This recipe was given to me by a coworker in my dental hygiene days.  Thanks, Donna!

Ingredients:
1 large tub Cool Whip (thawed)
1 box Brownie Mix
8 Heath Candy Bars
1 large box Chocolate Pudding

Directions:
1.  Bake brownies as instructed on box (crumble when still warm).
2.  Make pudding as instructed on box.
3.  Chop Heath Bars into crumbs.
4.  Layer as the following: Brownies, pudding, Cool Whip, Heath Bars, Repeat once more

* I thought I would add that the original recipe called for 2 boxes of brownie mix, 2 large boxes of Fat Free/Sugar Free Chocolate pudding, and Fat Free Cool Whip.  My revisions make the perfect amount to fill my largest glass bowl.


No comments:

Post a Comment