Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sausage and Egg Burritos



Okay, so the picture above is not really going to sell you on these, but they taste really good, are easy to make, and are crowd-pleasers.  Weston begs to have these all the time!  I found this recipe on the Old El Paso website after searching for breakfast burritos.  Back before I had three little ones, I made breakfast for Sunday mornings on Saturday nights and put an individualized portion for my husband in a separate container for him to access easily.  As a pastor, he leaves much earlier than the kids and I and I want him to be well nourished while preaching, show him that I love him in a practical way, and have something quiet for him to eat so that the kids don't wake up at the crack of dawn. ;)  For the last year I have dropped the ball, and Grant has gone to McDonald's every Sunday morning on his way to church to get two breakfast burritos.  They are on the dollar menu and he usually leaves around 5:00am on Sunday mornings, so this is not a bad deal, but I thought since he likes them so much, why not try to find a recipe for some that can be frozen so that he can just grab them on his way out the door.  I have made this recipe a couple of times now, and everyone in my house enjoys them, so they are going on the list of regulars.

Ingredients:
1 lb. sausage
2 green onions
8 eggs
1 Tbsp butter
1 package flour tortillas (8 tortillas; 8 inch)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salsa and sour cream for topping

Directions:
1. Brown sausage in skillet; drain.  Stir in green onions and set aside.
2.  In large bowl, beat eggs until well blended.
3.  Melt butter in skillet, cook eggs until scrambled; Add sausage and onions, mix gently.
4.  Heat tortillas according to directions on package; Spoon sausage mixture evenly onto tortillas topping each with 2 Tbsp cheese before rolling up to make burritos.
5.  Eat immediately; store in fridge or freezer for later.




No comments:

Post a Comment