Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Beef Tips and Rice



I can always tell a huge difference when I make it to the 16 week mark in my pregnancies!  I feel so much better and can meal plan, grocery shop, and cook without feeling sick.  Thanksgiving Day (2 more days) this year is the halfway point of this pregnancy (20 weeks) and I can't believe how fast it has flown by!  Since it's the holiday season I have been in a major cooking mood, so there are lots of recipes coming this way.  This beef tips and rice recipe was easy and so good.  My husband said to add it to the list of regulars so I thought I would share.   I use this blog as a way to organize a list of my regulars, and I hope it gives others ideas of what they can make for their families.  Some of you have been so encouraging to let me know when you make a recipe from here and enjoy it!

Ingredients:
2 lbs beef stew meat
10.75 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 small packet brown gravy mix (see note*)
1 beef bullion cube
1 cup water
1 small onion, chopped

Directions:
1.  Combine all ingredients in 4 qt slow cooker and mix to combine.
2.  Cook on low for 7-8 hrs.
3.  Serve over hot white rice.

*I got this recipe on Pinterest from Southern Bite and he recommends using the big packet of brown gravy mix, but I used the small packet and thought it was plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment