Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Strawberry Spinach Salad with Homemade Dressing





I found this recipe on Pinterest a couple of years ago thinking it would be a good healthy side dish, but doubting that my children would be thrilled about a salad made up of spinach leaves.  We now have this salad at least once a month, usually with grilled chicken and sweet potatoes.  Every time I serve it, my family reminds me it is one of their favorite meals.  The homemade dressing really makes it great!


Ingredients:
baby spinach
sliced strawberries
1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
3 green onions, white and green parts
almonds, raw and chopped

Directions:
Mix all ingredients, toss with dressing


Dressing Ingredients:
4 Tbsp vanilla Greek yogurt
4 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp basil
2 Tbsp honey
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Stir ingredients together and toss with salad


*recipe adapted from Cafe Johnsonia

No comments:

Post a Comment