Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Chicken Manicotti with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce
This is a Southern Living recipe that requires a few steps to make but is worth it! We usually add salad and garlic bread on the side and the kids eat this dish really well.
8 oz package manicotti shells
4 cups cooked chopped chicken
16 oz chive and onion cream cheese
10 package frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
ROASTED RED BELL PEPPER SAUCE
14 oz jar roasted red bell peppers, drained (these are found by the pickles)
16 oz jar Alfredo sauce
3 oz shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
3. Stir together chicken and next 6 ingredients.
4. Cut pasta shells lengthwise on one side.
5. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture into each shell, gently press cut sides together.
6. Place cut side down in lightly greased baking dish.
7. To make sauce, process all 3 ingredients in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. 8. Pour sauce evenly over shells.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.