Pages

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Beef and Bean Taco Bake




My family loves taco night and all of the children eat this dish really well.  It can be prepared and refrigerated until ready to bake.  I'm in a season of life right now when two of my children are in school and the two children still at home take afternoon naps.  I've been using nap time to make dinner so that I can spend time with my older kids when they get home from school.  Then I can put dinner in the oven when we are ready to eat.  It makes our afternoons a lot smoother and dinnertime is a lot less stressful for me since I'm not cooking while four children are wanting my attention.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
16 oz refried beans
16 oz thick and chunky salsa
1 package taco seasoning mix
2 1/2 cups broken tortilla chips
3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
4 green onions, sliced
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
1 cup shredded lettuce

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  cook and crumble beef over medium high heat; drain.  
3.  Stir in beans, salsa, and taco seasoning.  Heat to boiling stirring occasionally.
4.  Place 2 cups of the broken tortilla chips in bottom of 9x13 baking dish.  Cover chips with beef mixture.
5.  Sprinkle with bell peppers, onions, cheese, and 1 tomato.
6.  Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly.
7.  Remove from oven and top with lettuce, 1 tomato, and 1/2 cup chips.












No comments:

Post a Comment