Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Sweet Potato Casserole



Although it's still 90 degrees in West Tennessee, September means fall and casserole season are right around the corner.  (Who am I kidding?  I make casseroles all year long, but more so in the fall and winter months.)  I can't believe I haven't shared this recipe yet!  I've been making it for over a decade and my family has been eating it at holiday get togethers for as long as I can remember.  As a child growing up in AL, my Aunt Cheryl brought it to our house every Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I love sweet potatoes, so what could be better than smothering them in butter, sugar, and pecans?


Ingredients:
5 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick butter
3 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk

Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, room temp
1/2 cup flour
1 cup pecans, chopped

Directions:
1.  Mix first 6 ingredients in bowl and pour in 9x13 baking dish.
2.  Mix topping ingredients and cover sweet potato mixture.
3.  Bake at 350 degrees covered lightly with foil for 25 minutes.
4.  Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment