Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Butterfinger Cake




Grant and I first tasted this cake as newlyweds living in Louisville, KY.  We had three other couples who were sweet seminary friends and we hung out with them every weekend.  My friend Lindsay made this for one of our get togethers and emailed me the recipe when she got home per my request.  Since then I've tasted other versions made with chocolate cake and other varieties, but this one is my favorite, and it can be made ahead of time!


Ingredients:
1 box butter cake mix
1 small can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
4 Butterfingers candy bars, finely chopped
8 oz Cool Whip

Directions:
1.  Make cake by directions on box and bake in 9x13 dish.
2.  When cake is done and still hot, use a straw to poke several holes in cake.
3.  Mix milk and caramel topping in bowl and drizzle over cake.
4.  Sprinkle half of the candy bar crumbles over cake.
5.  Spread Cool Whip over cake.
6.  Sprinkle with remaining candy bar.
7.  Chill overnight or at least one hour.








No comments:

Post a Comment