Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Our Family Is Growing!



I couldn't be more thrilled to announce that WE ARE GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER BABY!!!

This has been an eventful week for our family.  On Monday, we found out that I am pregnant and on Tuesday our oldest child turned 6.  Monday night after I bathed Camille and got her ready for bed, I asked Grant, Livi, and Weston to come upstairs to the school room to see something.  When they came up there I had written a special message with a dry erase marker on the mirror... I am pregnant with baby #4!  Grant read it first and looked at me wide-eyed with a smile on his face and said, "When did you find out?"  We waited a minute for the kids to read the message and figure out what was going on and then we all squealed and danced around the room. :)  

This is the first time I have gotten to surprise Grant with the news.  Livi and Weston are so excited!!!  Camille doesn't know what all the fuss is about, but she will soon enough.  She is the same age Alivia was when I got pregnant with Weston - 10 months.  So, Camille and Baby #4 will be 19 months apart just like Alivia and Weston.  Which means Alivia and Camille are 5 years and 1 month apart and Weston and Baby #4 will be 5 years and 1 month apart also.

Weston was 2 when I got pregnant with Camille, and although he was excited and understood what was going on, it's neat to see how much more in to it he is this time around at age 4.  He has been holding my hand a lot this week (which he never does), and he'll randomly come up to me, hug me, and look up at me and say he's so excited I'm having a baby! :)  He wants a brother, of course, but Thursday night when I was putting him to bed I asked him if he would still be happy about the new baby if it's a girl and he said, "Oh yeah, mom, that's fine."  He's the sweetest thing!

We should find out around Christmas if we're having a boy or girl and baby #4 is due in April.  That means I won't be pregnant in the heat of the summer this time and we should be wrapping up school by the time the baby comes so that we can have the summer to relax and enjoy him/her.  God has been so gracious to me!


"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.  Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth.  Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!"  -Psalm 127:3-5


No comments:

Post a Comment