Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Home Project: Walls

When we moved into our home 16 months ago, the previous owners had left us some not so pretty holes in the walls from their pictures and other hangings.  The goal is to repaint most of the house, but until then I've been working creatively to cover up some of those holes.  In Weston's room I decided to paint stripes to cover the random holes at different heights.  I used paint that I had left over from painting animals on his nursery walls in our previous home.  I used red, navy, and brown since those colors are pretty basic and can hopefully go with new bedding colors as he gets older.




In the master bedroom there was a large area on the wall adjacent to the door that has been glaring at us for a while now and I wasn't sure how to cover such a large area. . . . until recently.  I've been seeing the "Always Kiss Me Goodnight" phrase all over Pinterest and in many stores and decided to use some more of that leftover paint and some stencils I bought a few years ago (to stencil a Bible verse in our kitchen) to paint this phrase over the holes.  My Pawpaw taught me how to putty holes a few years ago and then sand them down and paint over them.  I'm pretty pleased with the outcome and it only took me a couple of weeks of working on it a few minutes here and there when I found the time.  AND it's a good reminder. :)

BEFORE

DURING


AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment