Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

School Week 6 - Letter F


Our memory verse this week: John 3:16

     We didn't get around to doing any worksheets this week, but we had a lot of Fun.  And since it was "Ff" week I figured that was okay.  We go to Parents Day Out on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are our school at home days.  Monday we had fun with Play-doh and made these Faces that I printed and laminated from Sparkle box - Make playdough faces . . . . 





     I told the kids that "a glad heart makes a cheerful Face" (Proverbs 15:13).  Then we talked about how our Faces show how we are Feeling on the inside and we took turns deciding how each of these monkeys were Feeling.  I printed and laminated these from Kiz Club - How Do You Feel? 


     On Monday we also went to the library to return our "E" books and find some "F" books.




     Then on Wednesday we learned that "F" was for Fall and we talked about the seasons and how the leaves are Falling off the trees.  We took a picnic lunch to the school where daddy teaches so we could eat with him and enjoyed Finding the leaves, acorns, etc...  There was a cool rope swing in a tree and a ladder to climb up to a tree house and so much nature to explore.






     We also decorated pumpkins . . . .




     Friday was our day to do worksheets and sing our "F" song and learn all about firemen and fire safety, but we never got around to that.  However, my in-laws came to take me out to eat for my birthday and my MIL just so happened to give Weston a Fireman costume.  And we went to a Fireman birthday party the weekend before, so learning is taking place all the time even if it's not official. :)




She's making the sound of a siren


     We decided to Fast from tv and movies this week, so I'll let you know how that goes.  We are three days in and I'm really liking it so far.





1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration and such a great momma! Love you!

    ReplyDelete