Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Fettuccine - Spinach Toss



     I bought this pack of Parmesan Encrusted Tilapia from Sam's not long ago and was thinking about a side to go with it when I remembered a fettuccine dish I made a few years back.  Hopefully posting our favorite recipes on here will keep me organized and I won't forget about great recipes like this for so long next time.  It comes from the April 2009 issue of Southern Living, and I, of course, adapted it to fit our family.  This is a quick and easy recipe and the Tilapia just popped in the oven for about 20 minutes.  It's a great way to get spinach and mushrooms in the kids and I have even added carrots in the past.  The recipe makes about 12 servings.


Ingredients:
12 oz package fettuccine
2 Tbsp olive oil
8 oz can sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup diced onions
2 garlic cloves, minced
10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed
16 oz jar Alfredo sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
basil, salt, and pepper

Directions:
1.  Prepare fettuccine according to package directions.
2.  Saute mushrooms, onions, and garlic in oil for 3 or 4 minutes.
3.  Add spinach, and cook another 3 minutes.
4.  Stir in Alfredo sauce, cheese, hot cooked pasta and basil to taste, stirring just until blended.
5.  Cook 1 or 2 more minutes until heated through, season with salt and pepper, serve immediately.

ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment