Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Squash Casserole

 

   No need to save this recipe for the holidays.  It's easy to make and good all year round.  I like it better than the Ritz cracker version, but may be that's because this is the recipe I grew up on.  Or because I love the taste of French Fried onions, and they make your house smell so good.  I hope you'll try this soon and let me know how you like it.

Ingredients:
4 Tbsp butter
8 squash
2 eggs
2 slices of bread
large container of french fried onions
salt and pepper

Directions:
1.  Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2.  Cut up squash, place in pan, and cover with water.  Cook on stovetop for 12 minutes or until tender.
3.  Mash (I use a potato masher), add butter, eggs, bread (break into pieces), salt and pepper (to taste), half of the onions and mix.
4.  Pour into 9 x 13 baking dish.  Bake 30 minutes.
5.  Add other half of onions and bake another 5 minutes.

*You could easily half this recipe and prepare it in an 8 x 8 dish.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment