Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Soul Nourishment #1

    "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind." 
-Romans 12:2

     I would like to periodically (my goal is weekly) share the podcasts, blogposts, quotes, etc... that have been the most inspirational to me lately.  If you are busy and the house is loud at the moment, STOP!  I suggest waiting until you have put the kids to bed to read this one.  Settle down with a cup of coffee, tea, or whatever suits your fancy so that you are able to soak it all in.  Here's how I've been renewing my mind this week. . . .



"The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest.” -Thomas Moore
"When thanks to God becomes a habit, so joy in God becomes your life." -Ann Voskamp
"Of course, this side of heaven we will not do perfectly. Harsh words will be spoken, patience will wear thin. Frazzled mothers will act frazzled. And when this happens, our own sinfulness does not detract from the power of the gospel, it illustrates why we need it. Do not use your own mistakes as an excuse to wallow about what a bad mother you are. Repent, seek forgiveness, get it right, and move on. Believe. Be forgiven. Extend that forgiveness, that belief, that joy, to your children." - Rachel Jancovic
"Live the gospel in the things that no one sees. Sacrifice for your children in places that only they will know about. Put their value ahead of yours. Grow them up in the clean air of gospel living. Your testimony to the gospel in the little details of your life is more valuable to them than you can imagine. If you tell them the gospel, but live to yourself, they will never believe it. Give your life for theirs every day, joyfully. Lay down pettiness. Lay down fussiness. Lay down resentment about the dishes, about the laundry, about how no one knows how hard you work." - Rachel Jancovic

“If you cannot find time to pray, ask for forgiveness. Ask to be cleansed of the sin of having no time to pray …  It could be that Satan is pushing you into too much work so that you cannot take time to pray.” – Corrie Ten Boom

"As a mom, I want to be single-minded on the reality that if God entrusted these kids to me, I am the exact mom they need. And as the rightful holder of that position, I will believe not only in God but I will also believe that I have what it takes to raise these kids right. As long as I ask for God to help me each day, I can be the mom I need to be."   -Lysa TerKeurst
"The foremost challenge a woman faces is not to orchestrate her life or to plan her year but to order each day - allowing for sufficient rest, proper nourishment and exercise, and a quiet time spent with the Lord." - Emilie Barnes

Watching these videos by Sally Clarkson was such a blessing to me this week!  I can't wait to read her books!

I have been listening to Paul Washer's sermons while taking morning walks this week.  I highly recommend doing both.  After clicking the link to this site, scroll down to "Training Children 1 and 2" from 4/3/12.  Someone is translating into Chinese (may be, not sure) for him, so it takes a little longer, but so worth it!

"What does not satisfy when we find it was not the thing we were desiring." -C.S. Lewis


"I can do all things through him who strengthens me." -Philippians 4:13

Finished reading this book: Give Them Grace

     Lastly, I have to share this Summer Family Activity Book that my accountability partner just shared with me.  It looks great and I can't wait to use it with my family this summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment