Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2018

BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes



This is an easy meal that my family enjoys.  I bake some sweet potatoes in the oven on a foil lined baking sheet at 375 degrees for about an hour and a half.  One of my favorite ways to cook the chicken is in a crock pot.  I put skinless, boneless chicken breast in a crockpot with about a cup of water.  I sprinkle salt and pepper on them and cook them 4 hours on high heat.  By that time they are very tender and break apart easily.  You can then mix your favorite BBQ sauce with the chicken.  On top of the open sweet potato I layer the BBQ chicken, shredded cheddar cheese, and green onions.  This week we ate these stuffed sweet potatoes with a side of fried okra fresh from our garden and some watermelon.



No comments:

Post a Comment