Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Chicken Fingers (Fried)



I don't make chicken fingers very often but when I do I bake them in the oven.  They are healthier and less messy that way.  Meat is scarce these days in the grocery store due to COVID-19, so when I found some chicken strips in the meat section I bought the two packs allowed and knew my kids would be excited about the chicken fingers.  My husband asked me to fry them in oil instead of bake them, so I did.  I looked up this recipe on Pinterest and chose it because the picture looked delicious and the blogger seemed to know what she was talking about.  They turned out exactly like she said they would and my husband said they tasted better than Zaxby's chicken fingers.  I doubled the recipe and my family ate on them for three days! 


Ingredients:
30-40 boneless, skinless chicken strips (2 packs of 15-20 each)
4 cups self-rising flour
2 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp seasoned salt
6 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp pepper
10 eggs
1/2 cup milk
canola oil for frying 

Directions:
1.  In a bowl, combine the eggs and milk and whisk until combined.
2.  In another bowl, mix the flour and spices well.
3.  Pour oil into a 6 qt. stockpot until halfway full.  Heat over MEDIUM high heat.  Oil is hot enough when you drop a pinch of four in it and it sizzles.
4.  When oil is hot, dip each chicken strip into the egg mixture and then the flour mixture twice.  Egg, flour, egg, flour.  Dipping them twice in both makes them extra crispy.
5.  Drop the chicken strips into the hot oil one by one making sure they don't touch and stick to one another.  You can cook about 5 at a time.  Drop them in and don't touch them for about 5 minutes. Use tongs to lift out of the oil when they are a nice golden brown and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up grease. You'll have to add more oil along the way.







No comments:

Post a Comment