Pages

Friday, December 1, 2017

Ritzy Chicken





This recipe comes from my father's mother, Grandmother Pat.  She is 84 now and I recently asked her for some recipes I remember her making when I was a kid.  She said she threw them all away! :(  I'm so glad my mom had this one written down.  I've been making it since I got married 12 years ago and my family loves it!  It's similar to Poppy Seed Chicken, but better.

Ingredients:
4-5 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
1 small can water chestnuts, chopped into small pieces
1 stack Ritz crackers
1/4 cup butter

Directions:
1.  Mix soups, water chestnuts, sour cream, and chicken together and place in 9x13 casserole dish.
2.  Spread crushed Ritz over top, and pour melted butter over dish.
3.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly.






No comments:

Post a Comment