Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie





This pie is as delicious and rich as it looks!  I was given this recipe by my cousin when I got married.  There is a yummy seafood restaurant in Gulf Shores, AL that serves this pie and I'm not sure how she got the recipe from them, but I'm glad she did!  I like to keep it in the freezer and cut off a small sliver when I have a sweet tooth.  It keeps in the refrigerator or freezer a long time and tastes just as fresh as the day you made it.  Make sure the cream cheese is softened or it can be quite a workout stirring together, unless you have a stand mixer that can do the work for you.  You can use a chocolate pie crust if an oreo pie crust is hard to come by, but the oreo crust makes it a little better.




Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup peanut butter
8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Oreo pie crust (or chocolate works just fine)

Directions:
1.  Blend first three ingredients.
2.  Fold in next two ingredients.
3.  Put in pie shell and refrigerate for several hours.










No comments:

Post a Comment