Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Coffee Punch



I hosted a small baby shower (a sprinkle) in my home for a friend last week and served this punch for the first time.  I have had this punch over the years at Christmas parties, weddings, and other events and was always intimidated to make it.  My pregnant friend LOVES coffee and the sprinkle was in the morning, so we had breakfast foods and I wanted a special drink to serve that the honored guest would especially like.  I asked a church friend for her recipe and found some on Pinterest that I ended up combining to come up with this creation, which if I do say so myself, was delicious!  It was so easy to make also!  When I have looked at recipes for this in the past I feel like they have had numerous time consuming steps, but that is not the case with this one.  The ice cream melts during the party and serves as the ice to keep the punch cold.  One of the main recipes I got ideas from was this one.

Ingredients:
1/2 gallon whole milk
2-3 pints vanille ice cream (I use Bluebell, of course)
1 pint coffee ice cream
1/3 cup powdered instant coffee
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/4 cup chocolate syrup

Directions:
1.  In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the water, coffee powder, sugar, chocolate syrup until all ingredients are dissolved and well mixed.
2.  Allow mixture to cool to room temp.  Refrigerate in airtight container until ready to use. (at least 4 hours, can be stored overnight)
3.  Before guests arrive, pour chilled syrupy mixture in punch bowl. Pour milk over and stir.
4.  Add all ice cream by scoops and stir to mix.




Keep in mind I served this to a small group of ladies.  Most of the time the recipe would probably need to be doubled. 




No comments:

Post a Comment