Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Chocolate Chess Pie



Once again, Mamaw gets the credit for this fabulous recipe.  I have tried several recipes for homemade pie crusts and I still like store bought the best.  I even like Kroger brand better than name brand.  This recipe is really quick and easy and I usually have all of the ingredients on hand, except for may be the evaporated milk.  Which, by the way, you don't want to use a large can of evaporated milk, because it will be too runny.  I know from experience. :)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 Tbsp cocoa
1/2 stick butter, melted
2 eggs
1 (5 oz) can evaporated milk
dash of salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 uncooked pie shell


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix sugar and cocoa.
3. Pour in melted butter and eggs.
4. Beat well with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
5. Add remaining ingredients and stir.
6. Pour into pie shell.
7. Bake for 40 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment