Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

7up Biscuits


      Now, doesn't that look soft and fluffy and yummy?  It is, and so easy to make!  My husband tweeted about these biscuits earlier this week and I promised several people I would share.  I pinned a picture of a biscuit not long ago that said it was made with Bisquick, sour cream, and 7up.  When I clicked on the picture for the recipe, there wasn't one.  So, I googled 7up biscuit and found this wonderful recipe at Your Homebased Mom.  After making them twice, I've tweaked the recipe to our liking and kitchen.  It makes about 10 biscuits (depending on how thick you make them).



Ingredients:
2 cups Bisquick 
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7up (I used Kroger Diet Lemon Lime)
1/4 cup melted butter


Directions:
1.  Mix Bisquick, sour cream, and 7up together.  Dough will be very soft.
2.  Tape some wax paper to counter and sprinkle additional Bisquick to prevent dough from sticking.
3.  Gently pat dough out on wax paper to desired thickness (about 1 inch), and use biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits.
4.  Place melted butter into 9x9 baking dish.  Place cut out biscuit dough in butter and bake in a 450 degree oven until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.










No comments:

Post a Comment